Gathering Stakeholder Feedback
Learning Management System Request for Proposal (RFP) Required and Desired Features Survey
- Access to the RFP draft preview and RFP Required and Desired survey was available from January 19 - 31
- The Learning Management System Review Steering Committee sought additional input for the required and desired learning management system features to be included in the Iowa State University LMS RFP.
- This draft of the feature section of the RFP was developed using input from stakeholder meetings and the online LMS Review Survey completed in November 2016, as well as input from the LMS Review Steering Committee, CELT, ITS, ISU Purchasing, and recent LMS RFPs from other universities.
- The full RFP has many different sections outlining what vendors will be expected to provide. One section includes a number of broad categories related to product features and the implementation and course migration process. These sections are included here for additional input from the ISU LMS user community.
ISU Stakeholder Survey
- LMS Review Survey was available from November 11 - December 1
- Survey was open to all ISU faculty, staff and students
Framing Questions for Stakeholder Feedback
- What does the current LMS do well to support learning?
- Does the current LMS Blackboard Learn limit what faculty want to do in their courses? Examples?
- How should the future LMS be able to support learning? (i.e. provide learning analytics (assignment to overall course level), integration of multiple third-party products, etc.)
Stakeholder Groups for Gathering Feedback
- Student Government leadership
- Associate Deans for Undergraduate Programs and Associate Deans for Technology
- Faculty Senate (Executive Board, IT committee, and full Senate)
- Faculty- via targeted email communication, face to face meetings, online survey
- College level instructional designers-via targeted email communication, face to face meetings, online survey
- CELT and IT staff involved with supporting the LMS, the Web Accessibility Coordinator, Registrar, Bookstore, and other relevant central staff